Did Republicans Deliberately Burn the Flag Amendment?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




You can read it here, here, and here. The Senate, needing 67 votes to send a Flag Amendment to the 50 states, could only muster 66 votes and thus the Amendment went down in flames (all the pun intended).

My question is this: did the Republicans REALLY want to pass this, or did they just want to use it as an issue in the November elections? Are you telling me that Bush and the Republican leadership could not cajole, force, bribe, or threaten McConnell, Bennett, or Chafee (all Republicans who voted against it) into voting for this Amendment?

In my humble opinion this was a stunt by the Republican leadership to embarrass the Democrats. They never really wanted to pass this. And that my friends, embarrasses me.


0 Responses to “Did Republicans Deliberately Burn the Flag Amendment?”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Blogs

Links

Meta

  • Click Here
  • Blog Customized by GLORIOUS
  • Creative Commons License